Thursday 1 November 2012

My Autumn Bucket List:Make-up- Warm Rustic Smokey Eyes


Okay so here goes the second installment for Marie's Autumn Bucket List blogger link-up. Next I'm going to do my favorite autumn.... Makeup!!

The main focus of this look was a really warm reddy-brown smokey eye. I think this is the first time I've ever played around with red eye shadow and it's my new fave look for this time of year. I really think it makes my blue eyes stand out more. Win!

The swatches from left to right are urban decay half baked, a mixture if colours from my ebay 120 colour pallette, and urban decay hustle and smog mixed.


I started with my shadow so I could correct the nasty drop down I always get. First I prepped the eyes with a brown creme shadow from Jemma Kidd in the shade Premiere. This is an unmissable step me as my eyelids are so damn oily!

I then swept urban decays' half baked shadow from my naked palette all over the lid and up to the crease. I added the mixture of red and purple colors from the Ebay palette on the outer half of my lids and up into the crease, being sure to blend this out nicely. I then went in with the darker brown through the crease and blended this out. I also added a mix of the reds and brown to the bottom lash line for extra definition.

I used a plum eyeliner on the outer corner. I thought this would be a different way to define the lash line and it suited the purple tones in the shadows. I urban decay Bourbon Pencil to the waterline and lots of brown mascara.

I done my base with my foundation of the moment... Revlon Colour Stay in Natural Beige  I then concealed my unsightly areas with Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 2 light and concealed my optical baggage with Benefits' Erase Paste in No.1.  

I stuck with a warmer tone blush from another Ebay blush palette I have. I know I'm a cheapo!!

The last step was lippy. I thought my Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait was the perfect shade as it's not at all dramatic (being only a touch lighter than my natural lip color) but has a beautiful gold sheen in it. The added bonus is it's super moisturizing  so that crisp autumn breeze doesn't chap your lips!!

Hope you liked this look and can try it soon.

Much Love
Georgia
xxx

1 comment:

  1. I love the Urban Decay naked palette.ive been using it daily for the past year

    ReplyDelete