Thursday 15 November 2012

My Travel Bag Essentials/ Products I can't live without: Skin Care

Hi Guys, hope you've had a wonderful day! Today I thought I'd share my everyday essentials that I take with me everywhere I stay. I work and stay in the city during the week to avoid a 2 hour daily commute so every Sunday I spend pampering and then packing my case for the week.
This isn't a true 'travel essentials' really as I don't scrimp with what I bring or pack light, just because I'm here more than at home so do go through quite alot and like to use nice things to keep me happy:-)
When I actually unpacked my bag I realise what a ridiculous amount of stuff I have so I will break this up into a few posts......
The 1st being Skincare,this post is my skincare routine as it does't change much when I'm at home. Hopefully soon I'll be organised enough to condense these products down into travel sizes to save luggage space!!
In the mornings I like to use the Neutrogena Blackhead Clearing Daily Scrub. I feel this gets my face ready for my make-up really well and helps to maintain soft exfoliated skin. It's not at all harsh and it does wonders on my blackhead prone skin. Nice and cheap so I have one here and one at home.
I then give my face a quick spritz of the Caudalie Beauty Elixir of which I take my small bottle with me (I'm so peeved these diddy ones can't be refilled!) I'm not sure of what benefit this is to my skin but I love the smell and it really wakes me up in the morning and you know..... old habits die hard.
At the moment I'm using the Ole Henriksen truth serum collagen booster in place of a regular moisturiser. I think it fits the bill better as my super oily skin doesn't need to be moisturised twice a day and it gets my skin nice and smooth for make-up. I had no idea how pricey this was until now!! I got mine in a glossybox, can't yet report if it's worth that much!!
In the evenings I take my make off and clean with the No7 Beautiful Skin Hot Cloth Cleanser. Along with a muslin cloth it take off all my make up off like a dream and feels smoothing and luxurious- a lovely bedtime treat. It's doesn't come with a luxurious price tag that some more often mentioned hot cloth cleaners have and you get a whopping 200mls!! It's for all skin types and I highly recommend. You get one muslin cloth with it but I've tracked down a 10 pack really cheap here.
Every other night I apply Alpha H Liquid Gold. I love what my skin looks like the morning after I've applied this, glowing, clearer and smooth. I switch up my foundation for one with spf the day after as it can make your skin more sensitive to sun exposure.
I'm currently using Weleda Wild Rose Smoothing Night Cream to give my skin a moisture boost at the end of a long day- rich and beautiful smelling and in a dinky 5ml tube so perfect for travelling. I pop Etat Pur Salicylic Acid on the odd blemish to clear it quicker.
Let me know if you want to know any more thoughts on the products mentioned and I'll let you know. I'll see you back here for my next travel essentials for haircare.
Much Love
Georgia Paris

4 comments:

  1. I really want to try the caudalie beauty elixir!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. Just to let you know i nominated you for a Liebster award. check it out here: http://www.gemmasthoughtsandloves.com/2013/01/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Caudalie beauty elixir too and the L'Occtitane hand cream in the top photo :)
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete